Millennium Post

Gas leak: Woman charred to death in Nangloi

New Delhi: A 60-year-old woman died in a fire due to a cooking gas leak at her house in Outer Delhi's Nangloi area.

According to the fire official, they received a call about the incident at 12.50 pm, following which three fire tenders were rushed to the spot where they found that the fire was in a house due to LPG cylinder leakage.

Police identified the deceased as Amma Devi. The deceased lived in Laxmi Park area of Nangloi. According to a fire official, she was charred in the fire.

According to official the fire was brought under control within half an hour and the body was handed over to the police, a senior fire official said.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer) Seju P Kuruvilla said that no other person was injured in the case.

More than 200 persons died in different incidents including fire, house collapse in the city in 2018-19, said the data of Delhi Fire Services (DFS).

As many as 1,597 persons were injured in different incidents in which DFS received information to conduct rescue operation. Last year, the city witnessed 27 medium and four serious fire. In the year 2017, as many as 318 persons died in 2017-18 and 1,767 injured.

The fire service responded to 31,264 calls in the last year from 64 fire stations whereas in 2017-18, around 29,423 calls came to DFS.

Next Story
Share it