logo

Fire in carpet showroom

Fire in carpet showroom

NEW DELHI: A fire was reported at around 4 pm in Sarai Jullena Market in New Friends Colony on Thursday. Four fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the flames at the first floor of the market. The fire started at a carpet and wooden flooring dealers office and soon engulfed the entire office with flames and smoke coming out of the building. The combustible material soon engulfed the entire office. The adjoining shops and offices were also closed so that if the fire spreads there was no casualty.

It took hardly one hour for the fire department and New Friends Colony police to break the lock of the office second door and douse off the flames. The office bearers gathered down as the firemen were seen climbing up the stairs with water pipes along with South East Delhi Police.

"We managed to come out just in time, we still do not know how the fire started, thankfully no one is injured," said the owner of the office.

Firemen were seen using gas mask to enter the premises to make sure if there was anyone inside. "No one was injured in the incident. The fire would have started because of the short circuit but an inquiry further would reveal the cause," said a senior police officer.

Team MP

Team MP

Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you


Share it
Top