logo

Fire engulfs Gurugram hospital; ICU and child patients safe

Fire engulfs Gurugram hospital; ICU and child patients safe
Panic occurred on Friday morning as fire broke out at Sheetla Hospital in New Railway road in Gurugram at around 10 am. Though, no casualty of patients were reported.
In a short span the fire that erupted from the cold room of the hospital quickly spread to the first and second floor that had the ICU and children ward that had almost 40 patients.
Six fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire. Meanwhile, ambulances from the nearby civil hospital and private hospital were also called in to escort the patients out of the building.
While the exact cause of the fire has still not been ascertained, according to hospital staff and fire officials, the blaze was caused due to short circuit. Some of the shopkeepers who had helped the fire officials in rescuing the patients sustained injuries and are receiving treatment.
"Our team was quick in response in dousing the fire after getting the call from the hospital staff. It was a challenging process as we also had to ensure the safety of patients. Besides 12 patients in the ICU, there were around 15 child patients also in the premises. Ultimately, it was a successful teamwork where hospital staff members, shop owners and our personnel together prevented a major tragedy," said Devender Kumar, the fire official.
"The hospital has suffered massive damages but fortunately for us all our patients and staff members are safe. We will find out the reasons of the cause of fire and will take the corrective measures in the future," said one of the hospital employee on the condition for anonymity.
Team MP

Team MP

Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you


Share it
Top