Millennium Post

Fire breaks out in building, 55-yr-old dies of suffocation

New Delhi: A 55-year-old man died due to asphyxiation, while three members of his family sustained minor injuries after a fire broke out in a building in north east Delhi's Brahampuri late Tuesday night, Delhi Police said on Wednesday.
An official of Delhi Fire Services (DFS) said that the fire broke out on the third floor of the building and spread to the fourth floor, where the residence of the deceased Satpal and his family is located.
The official said that a call was received at 2.27 am about the blaze. Three fire tenders rushed to the spot and doused the fire by 3.30 am.
Firefighters found Satpal, his wife Jaishree (48), and daughters Himanshi (17) and Pooja (16), in an unconscious condition. It is suspected that Satpal's family did not realise that a fire had broken out and were deep asleep, the police said.
Next Story
Share it