Millennium Post

Electrocution: Children to get compensation

Gurugram: The Gurugram district administration will compensate the children who sustained severe burn injuries after being electrocuted due to bursting of electric pole due to short circuit in high voltage wires.
The tragic incident that occurred in Sector -56 on August 15 had victimised six children aged between 7 to 15 years of age.
12-year -old Anju who had sustained more than 80 percent of burns later succumbed to her injuries. Admitting that the mishap was caused due to the negligence, the public authorities have decided to pay Rs 1 lakh to the family of deceased and Rs 25,000 to the family of the injured.
While there has been no accountability that has been fixed, the incident reflected the poor infrastructure of power firms operating in the city. Poor condition of wires that are unable to bear heavy electric load in addition to lack of proper resources in maintaining these wires are resulting in the wires getting wrecked due to the prevailing challenges.
There have been a lot of complaints by the residents form the city that how continuous sparks in the electric wires around various areas remain unattended for a long time by the officials in state run electric body. These conditions further worsen during the rainy season.
Next Story
Share it