Elderly couple murdered for resisting robbery in Gr Noida

Elderly couple murdered for resisting robbery in Gr Noida

Greater Noida: An elderly couple was bludgeoned to death while another couple sustained serious injuries when they tried to resist two separate robbery attempts in Jamalpur village of Greater Noida late Friday night. Police suspect that members of the dreaded Bawariya gang are involved in the incident.

Cops said the deceased couple has been identified as Kaluram (63) and his wife Vedvati (56). Kaluram was a retired cashier at Delhi Jal Board.

"Prima facie, it appears that the incident occurred during a robbery attempt. The villagers told us that three robbers barged into a couple of houses and fatally injured those living in the houses.

"Two of them died in the incident after they were attacked by sticks and some blunt object in their neck and chest. Their bodies have been sent for post-mortem, reports of which are awaited," said Vineet Jaiswal, Superintendent of Police (Rural), Gautam Buddh Nagar.

Cops said that Kaluram lived with his family in Khajuri Khas area of Delhi, but used to frequent his ancestral home in Jamalpur after retirement and stay there for few days.

He was also the grandfather of an athlete who participated in the Paralympic Games and won a medal for the nation.

The villagers further said that the robbers entered another house, a couple of metres away from Kaluram's, where they beat up another couple for resisting robbery.

Police officials said that the injured were identified as Sudheer and his wife Shobha, who have been admitted to the hospital for treatment.

Cops have launched a probe into the matter and are conducting raids at suspected whereabouts of the Bawariya gang members.

"Following the incident, we have launched a probe. Five teams have been formed and samples have been taken by the forensic team from the spot. We are expecting to make a breakthrough soon," added Jaiswal.

Meanwhile, the villagers and family members of the victims alleged that the police team reached hours after the incident was reported to them.

The kin had initially refused to perform the last rites of the victims, until senior police officials intervened and assured them of a swift probe.

Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh

Our Contributor help bring you the latest article around you


View All

Latest News

View All
Share it