Millennium Post

Doc leaves home never to return; thanks to email, police track him

New Delhi: It was on March 8 when a senior doctor from a Delhi-based hospital had an argument with his wife and later left the home with the intention to never return. The 35-year-old man made sure that police are not be able to trace him as he had left all his belongings including phone in the house. But an e-mail which he sent to his wife gave police a vital clue through which he was traced in Nagpur.
According to police, doctor's wife approached the police on March 10 and the Cyber Cell of Shahdara district started their investigation and found that an e-mail was sent by the man to his wife stating that he will not return. "We told his wife to reply to the mail saying that she requires money. Soon after the email was received, the doctor sent some money through an online transaction," said an investigator, adding that the doctor had disabled IP address.
Police claimed that they contacted the bank through which the money was transferred and told them to inform about any other transaction from the account. ''Another transaction was reported from Kolkatta," said a police official. Sub-Inspectors Rohtash and Devendra reached Kolkata and they found that the doctor had booked a cab to reach the airport in Delhi. "He was using cabs from the same company in Kolkata. we contacted the cab company and interrogated the driver in Kolkata. He told us that he was talking about some airline," said an investigator.
The police team reached the airport and searched the flight details of the particular airline for several hours and came to know that he had gone to Nagpur. Meanwhile, he came to know that his wife had contacted the police. "The doctor had purchased a new sim and a phone and was booking a cab through his email. So, we told the cab company to ask for his phone number for further booking and soon his new phone number came," said an investigator.
Without wasting any time, the police team reached Nagpur and searched more than nine hotels for almost four hours. He was traced at around 11 pm on March 13. The team was led by Inspector Sunjay Sharma (cyber cell). Deputy Commissioner of Police (Shahdara) Nupur Prasad stated that with the help of local police, the cyber cell was also roped in to help in the case and they were able to trace the doctor.

Next Story
Share it