Delhi records over 1000 births daily
In 2016, the average number of births per day in Delhi was nearly 1,036, revealed a report published by the Delhi government on Wednesday.
According to the report, the net natural increase in population of Delhi is 649 per day and 2.37 lakh in a week. The government has explained that the increase in population was due to migration.
The report noted that the number of births registered in Delhi during 2016 was 3,79,161, as compared to 3,74,012 in 2015 and 3,73,693 during 2014.
Of all the births in 2016, 52.6 per cent children were male while 47.4 per cent were female.
The Delhi government also identified the total number of births under individual civic bodies.
Of the total registered births in the city last year, 34.57 per cent were registered in North Delhi Municipal Corporation, 31.07 per cent in South Delhi Municipal Corporation, 21.04 per cent in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, 12.19 per cent in New Delhi Municipal Council and 1.13 per cent in Delhi Cantonment Board Area, the report recorded.
The government observed that between 2015 and 2016, institutional births – children delivered in hospital – increased nearly 2.5 per cent.
In 2015, 84.41 per cent of all children born in Delhi were recorded as institutional births. The number rose to 86.7 per cent in 2016.
The number of institutional births also increased in the government hospitals in the national Capital.
The age-group data of mothers at the time of delivery revealed that four out of 10 mothers were between the age between 20 and 24, three of the 10 mothers were in the age group of 25-29 and nearly one of the 10 mothers was over 30 years of age.
Significantly, Infant Mortality Rate per thousand live births in Delhi decreased by nearly two per cent from 2015. The number was recorded at 23.25 in 2015 and dropped to 21.35 in 2016.
The report also showed that Sex Ratio (i.e. number of females per thousand males) at birth increased from 898 in the year 2015 to 902 in the year 2016.
The report noted that the death rate of the city increased between 2015 and 2016.
Nearly 387 people died every day in 2016 in Delhi, whereas in 2015, nearly 348 people died in a day.
The total number of deaths registered in Delhi in 2016 was 1.42 lakh, as compared to 1.25 lakhs in 2015. The death rate per thousand people of the population came out to 7.61 during the year 2016.
About 64 per cent of the total deaths were reported by hospitals, while the remaining 36 per cent were domiciliary deaths.
Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia released the report, compiled by the Delhi government, on Wednesday.
- 22 Aug 2019 6:17 PM GMT
- 1 May 2017 6:52 PM GMT
- 8 Oct 2019 4:43 PM GMT
- 31 Aug 2019 1:38 PM GMT
- 25 Oct 2017 3:32 PM GMT
- 17 Nov 2019 6:44 PM GMT
- 17 Nov 2019 6:42 PM GMT
- 17 Nov 2019 6:41 PM GMT
- 17 Nov 2019 6:40 PM GMT
- 17 Nov 2019 6:40 PM GMT