Millennium Post

Three kids electrocuted while flying kite, injured

Three kids electrocuted while flying kite, injured

While flying kites, three children suffered serious injuries after being electrocuted in a park near Lal Quarters of Sihani Gate area in Ghaziabad on Wednesday.

The children were flying kites using a Chinese Manjha (kite string). The string came into touch with an overhead high tension power supply wires. However, the cops are yet to find out the reason.

The injured, Manpreet(15), Navjot(10), Bhavya(10 ) were taken to Sarvodaya Hospital where Manpreet was declared serious and was referred GB pant Hospital. Navjot and Bhavya were referred to Safarjung Hospital.

"Though we have not found the kite string from the spot we will interrogate the case to find out whether the string was made of metal particles or it got wet due to rain. It seems like the kite string got damaged after carrying the current" said Sudesh Gupta, circle officer, Ghaziabad. Even after the ban on Chinese manjha, it is easily available. Deaths of many humans and animals every year are reported due to such. Also, its contact with live electric wires, leads to grid failure.

Agencies

Agencies

Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you


Share it
Top