Millennium Post

Two separate bike mishaps snuff out two lives, two others injured

In the first incident, an accident involving a KTM bike in Mangolpuri in Outer Delhi killed a 20-year-old man and left another severely injured.

The duo was badly hit when their bike collided with a speeding Maruti Swift car on Tuesday night.

Locals alleged that the car belonged to a Delhi Police staff and the driver was under the influence of alcohol.

A police cap and some files with Delhi Police written on them have been recovered from inside the car.

Also, an empty alcohol bottle was found.

However, according to police, the cap belongs to Customs and Excise Department but the files are of Delhi Police. The vehicle has been traced to Nangloi in Delhi.

A police officer said, "The driver fled the spot after the accident. Enraged locals vandalised the car and tried to set it on fire. However, a timely action by the local police averted it. A case was registered against the car driver and the two vehicles were confiscated by police."

The injured, identified as 22-year-old Johnny, and the deceased, 20-year-old Amit were headed towards their homes in Mangolouri from Shakurpur when the accident took place.

Soon after the accident, they were taken to Safdarjung hospital where they were referred from Bhagwan Mahavir Hospital. However, on Wednesday morning the doctors confirmed thedeath of Amit.

In second such incident, a 15-year-old died in a road accident while allegedly performing stunts in North East Delhi's Shastri Park area on Sunday evening. This incident also left another 19-year-old severely injured.
Police said, "The eyewitnesses have informed us that the teenager was performing stunts when he lost control and the duo fell off the two-wheeler. They were taken to a nearby hospital where the rider succumbed to his injuries during treatment on Monday evening."

Sources stated that the boy's parents had purchased the bike only a few days ago after the boy's continuous persistence.

The deceased has been identified as Mohammad Umar Sheikh. The injured, Mohammad Anas is undergoing treatment.

Police said that Sheikh and Anas left on the motorcycle for a ride on Sunday at around 7.30pm and were headed towards Kashmere Gate route.

"They were returning home when Sheikh began performing stunts on the bike at a high speed. He lost control and they fell off the bike and suffered serious injuries," said a police officer.
Next Story
Share it