Millennium Post

Driver who stabbed fashion designer held in Nizamuddin

Six days after the gruesome attack on a South Delhi-based fashion designer in Malviya Nagar, the Delhi Police arrested the accused driver Anil Panwar from Nizamuddin on Saturday.

The accused told police that he had attacked his ex-employer, Kaveri, as she refused to pay his pending dues when he had worked for her family as a driver.

During interrogation, the accused Anil, alias Kallu, confessed to have committed the crime and disclosed that he has worked as driver for the victim for around four months in 2016.

He was fired from the job on grounds of misbehaviour with a friend of the victim in December 2016.

The accused claimed that the victim also owed him a month's salary.

On May 14, he had gone to the victim's house, demanded payment of his pending dues. When his demands were turned down, he threatened to damage the victim's car.

When Kaveri tried to move her car away from the parking lot, Anil attacked her with a knife and immediately fled the spot. The girl received serious injuries on her neck.

After her family was informed of the incident by two school boys, the 27-year-old victim was immediately rushed to the hospital by her neighbours and friends.

Kaveri's mother later told the police that it was their former driver who had visited them on that day and attacked her daughter.

Cops went into a tizzy as soon as the incident was reported and soon several teams were formed to gather information about the accused.

Police personnel began questioning the relatives of the accused and raided all of his possible hideouts in Delhi, NCR and Uttar Pradesh.

Soon, the team consisting of Assistant Sub-inspector Ved Parkash, Constable Sanjeev Kumar and Constable Shiv Kumar got information that the accused was hiding in Nizamuddin near a 'raen basera'.

The team moved into the shelter and nabbed him with ease.

"Anil Panwar is a school dropout and belongs to a poor family. He is married and has two daughters. He has been a driver by profession for the last seven-eight years," said Ishwar singh, DCP South.

The victim is still in the hospital, where she is undergoing treatment and her condition is said to be stable.
Next Story
Share it