Millennium Post

Befriending property dealer on dating app proved disastrous

New Delhi: It all started at the end of December last year when Dinesh Dixit (55), the accused, who killed the wife of a retired Indian Air Force Wing Commander in Dwarka's Sector-7, installed the dating application in his phone.

Through the application, the accused started chatting with the 52-year-old deceased and they met eight times before the murder.

But on Friday, the meeting turned fatal and the accused killed the woman then fled with her money.

One of the investigators in the case told Millennium Post that they suspect that for the first time Dixit met the deceased in February.

"In dating application, both exchanged their phone numbers and later, started chatting in the another social media application. During the visits, he saw money and valuables in the house following which he planned to commit the robbery," added one of the investigators.

The police officer further said that Dixit started taking precautions like avoiding calls through mobile phones using more social media application for calling.

An officer further said that the accused had two phones. "One mobile phone, he kept in his house which was switched on whereas Dixit carried another new phone and sim with himself to the deceased house on the day of murder," added the investigator.

Another investigator in the case said that he fled to Jaipur but through scanning and some call details, he was nabbed. During interrogation, Dixit told us that he was not present at the deceased's house.

"He was showing us the location of the phone which he kept at home," the investigator added.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (Dwarka) Anto Alphonse said that accused Dinesh Dixit admitted that he contacted to the deceased via a mobile app.

"On April 25, accused Dinesh Dixit came to Delhi to meet the victim and both of them had lunch together. Finding no other one inside the house, accused made deceased to drink alcohol and on finding her unconscious, he gathered all valuable, money and jewellery," said DCP Dwarka. An investigator further added that the deceased tried to resist but the accused killed her by smothering.

"After meeting through dating application, they planned to meet in January but Dixit got an injury in his leg so he postponed their first meeting," added the investigator. The interrogation of the accused revealed that he had lost money in betting and also he wanted to live lavish lifestyle. The accused was a proper dealer.

Next Story
Share it