Millennium Post

Bawana minors play dead to escape clutches of 22-yr-old rapist

Bawana minors play dead to escape clutches of 22-yr-old rapist
In a rather disturbing case, two girls aged six and eight were allegedly raped and then strangulated by a 22-year-old factory worker in outer Delhi's Bawana area on Friday.
The girls managed to survive the ordeal after they pretended to play dead after which the accused fled the area, police said.
The accused was later arrested on Saturday after the incident came to fore and has been sent to 14 days in judicial custody after he was produced at a Delhi court.
The girls are reportedly traumatized after the incident and a local NGO has been roped in to counsel them and bring them back to normal.
The two girls lived in the same locality in Bawana with their family in a rented accommodation.
The six-year-old girl lived with her parents, who work in a factory, and four siblings in a rented accommodation in Bawana.
The eight-year-old lived with her parents and two brothers a few metres from the younger girl's house.
According to police, the incident took place around 7:30 pm, when the accused made contact with the girls and gave them Rs 100 to buy some sweets from a local store.
"The accused had lured the girls by offering them money. They went to a local store but could not find the sweet of their choice after which the accused took them to another store. Later he lured the two girls away after he managed to find an isolated spot," said a senior police official privy to the investigation.
The parents of the two girls had just returned from work. They did not think that there was something amiss and thought that the girls were watching television in the neighborhood. The accused took the girls to an isolated park 150 metres from the shop and allegedly raped them.
The girls tried to fight back but the accused assaulted them in a bid to subdue them. Then sensing that his crime would come to light he decided to kill the minors by strangulating them.
"He dumped them into a pit thinking that they died after which he fled the spot. The family members who had tried to trace the girl in the locality approached the police when they could not trace them," the official added.
The families of both the girls along with a police party searched the isolated stretch.
The search party located the clothes of one of the girls after which they raised an alarm.
The girls responded after which they were rescued.
The accused was arrested the following day after the girls managed to give a description of the accused.
Kabaddi player alleges sexual assault by man
In yet another rape case, a national level woman Kabaddi player was allegedly raped inside Chhatrasal Stadium premises by her coach.
The police taking cognizance of the athlete's complaint has lodged a FIR at Model Town Police Station.
The police are yet to identify the accused and are looking into CCTV footages from the nearby vicinity where the crime reportedly took place.
Further, the people who worked at the stadium and the attendance rosters will also be looked into, police claimed.
According to a senior police official from North West Delhi, the girl has told the police that the incident took place on July 9.
The girl was outside the stadium premises when the man who is reportedly the athlete's coach, lured her to a desolate spot and raped her.
The victim, however, could not recollect the events after that and has not been able to identify the accused.
"She has told us that she was raped outside the stadium. The official had told her to follow her inside. We are trying to establish the exact sequence of events," said a senior police official.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (north-west) Milind Mahadeo Dumbere has stated that they got the complaint following which a case of rape along with several sections of the POCSO Act has been registered at Model Town Police Station.
The victim has been sent for a medical examination and is reportedly traumatised after the incident.
A local NGO has also been roped in to counsel the athlete.
Since the girl has claimed that she was given drinks laced with sedatives, she was unable to give more details about the accused who is said to be in his 30's.
"We are questioning the people who were both inside and outside the stadium during the time of the incident. A list is also being prepared for the same. The accused will be traced," the official added.
Team MP

Team MP

Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you

Share it