Millennium Post

Baby girl kidnapped from Kalyanpuri rescued; childless woman, sister held

NEW DELHI: Delhi Police investigators on Wednesday rescued a one-month-old baby girl, who was kidnapped from Lal Bahadur Shastri (LBS) Hospital in Kalyanpuri within five hours of the kidnaping.
The infant was taken away by two women, who befriended the mother of the baby while she was waiting in the hospital queue.
When the mother went to relieve herself and handed her child to the care of the women, the fled with the baby.
The woman's husband approached the police and narrated the ordeal, immediately after which a police team swung into action and deployed men to gather more information about the baby.
"It was during the CCTV footage scanning when our team found two suspicious women were spotted moving towards one of the exits. They were seen taking an auto. All auto drivers were questioned about these two women and some of them were able to identify a local auto driver Azad, who had left with the two women and a baby," said Pankaj Kumar, Deputy Commissioner of Police (East).
Azad was then contacted by the police team and, being a good Samaritan, Azad agreed to help the police.
He volunteered to take the police team to the spot in Khoda colony of Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh, where he dropped off the two women.
Upon searching all the houses of the suspected building in Khoda colony, the two women along with the baby girl were located on the second floor.
The baby girl was rescued safely, while the women were taken into custody.
During sustained interrogation, the women revealed that they are sisters, belonging to originally from Etawah district of Uttar Pradesh. One of the women revealed that despite four years of her marriage, she could have a child.
"They went to LBS Hospital, where they found the lady and her baby. The two sisters befriended her and started playing with the child. The mother, who was exhausted waiting at the hospital since morning for her child's check up, trusted these strangers and handed over the infant to them and went to freshen up and get water. As soon as she left, the two women fled with the child and went home," said the senior official.
Next Story
Share it