Top
Millennium Post

Baby case: Family demands arrest of doctors responsible

NEW DELHI: The baby who was declared dead by Max hospital, Shalimar Bagh in Delhi is still serious but stable. Meanwhile, the family of the baby says that they will continue their protest until the doctors responsible are arrested.
"Sacking of the doctors won't do. We demand their arrest. How can they declare our baby dead despite being alive? Had we not been cautious we might have buried him alive," said Deepak, baby's uncle. The family continues to sit on protest outside the Max hospital despite heavy police presence. The Delhi police have already registered a case under 308 of Indian Penal Code and are taking opinion from MCI.
The incident triggered a mass uproar after the Max hospital allegedly declared both the twin babies dead.
However, when the family prepared for the last rites and were carrying the baby for burial, one of the babies miraculously showed movements. The baby boy was later found to be alive. The family since then alleged that the incident was a fallout of hospital's negligent behaviour and demanded action against the hospital and doctors responsible.
Earlier on Saturday, Delhi Health Minister Satyendra Jain had said that strict action will be taken against those found guilty and if needed, Max
Hospital's licence would be revoked. Later, Max hospital sacked the two doctors. The police have sought the names of the doctors and the medical reports of the child's mother Varsha who delivered twins – a boy and a girl – on November 30, later asking the hospital to join probe.

Next Story
Share it