4-year-old boy dies and many critically injured in slum fire
Ghaziabad: A 4-year-old boy succumbed to burn injuries while nearly half a dozen people were critically injured after a slum cluster caught fire in Bhopura area of Sahibabad on late Monday night. Fire officials said that the flames were triggered by a candle which was being lighted inside one of the slums in the cluster.
According to police, the fire incident occurred on late Monday night around 11 pm. The victim identified as Ali Hasan died in the incident while Iqbal (28), wife Rehana (25) and their children identified as Sania (5), Sarmeen (4) and two other kids aged below two years sustained burn injuries in the incident.
"Around four shanties which were illegally constructed over a plot were gutted in fire. As the information was conveyed, police teams along with fire tenders rushed to the spot. The flames were doused immediately while the victims were rushed to GTB hospital in Delhi. A boy aged around 4 years succumbed to his injuries while others are receiving treatment at the hospital. The body of deceased has been sent for postmortem," said Rakesh Kumar Mishra, Circle Officer, Sahibabad.