25-yr-old immolates self to death outside NTPC
Noida: A 25-year-old man who reportedly set himself on fire outside National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) main gate in Dadri has died on Sunday while undergoing treatment at hospital, said police.
The man tried to immolate himself as he was upset over the termination of his services.
He was sacked from his contractual position as a labourer five days ago and decided to burn himself alive on Saturday.
On Saturday afternoon, he arrived at the National Thermal Power Corporation gate with a bottle of petrol and set himself afire.
A security personnel deployed at the gate doused the fire but he sustained 80 per cent burn injuries by then and was admitted to Safdarjung Hospital where he died due to severe burn injuries on Sunday, said police.
According to the reports, the victim identified as Neeraj, a resident of Bisada village in Greater Noida, had been working here for two years.
He was sacked, along with a few others, by the contractor as they were found drunk while on duty.
Neeraj was the sole breadwinner of the family.
"Prima facie investigations have revealed that he was upset over termination. The body has been sent for the post mortem," said a senior police officer from Dadri police station.