logo

21-year-old man dies due to electrocution

21-year-old man dies due to electrocution

New Delhi: A 21-year-old man was found dead at his rented accommodation in East Delhi's Gazipur village, police said on Wednesday. The investigating agency suspect that the deceased was depressed and committed suicide through electrocution in the bathroom.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (East) Jasmeet Singh said that deceased identified as Atul was the native of Jhanori village in Lakhimpur. In Delhi, he was living in the rented accommodation in Gazipur village. He was working as a security guard. The further investigation in the case revealed that the deceased was graduate and probably depressed about low profile job he was doing despite being a graduate.

"We have not recovered any suicide note from the spot," police said. His brother works in RK Puram area.

Police further added that the deceased lived on rent with his friends. When they came back in the evening, found him locked in the bathroom. They saw him from the window. The electric wire was found tied to his hands. He was taken to hospital where he was declared dead. Police was alerted about the incident. His brother works in R K Puram. The DCP East Jsasmeet Singh confirmed that he was electrocuted. Police have also questioned several people to get clues regarding the incident.

MPost

MPost

Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you


Share it
Top