Top
Millennium Post

2 teenaged boys die after being electrocuted in Ghaziabad

Ghaziabad: Two teenaged children have died of electrocution after they came into contact with the live wire coming out of the air cooler of their house in Khora area of Ghaziabad on Saturday.

Family members said that one of the victims had come to his grandparent's home to attend his grandfather's farewell which is scheduled a few days later.

The incident occurred in Azad Vihar colony in Khora area on Saturday. Cops said that the victims identified as Aditya (12) and Kuldeep (13) accidentally got trapped with the live wires while playing at the roof of their house.

Hiralal, who has served Indian railways for years was supposed to get retired and the farewell was scheduled on July 30. Hiralal's grandson Aditya had come to attend the function along with his mother just an hour before the incident occurred. Aditya had gone to the terrace to play with another child, Kuldeep, from his relatives when accidentally both of them got trapped in the live wire coming out of the air cooler.

The family members immediately took them to a nearby hospital when doctors referred them to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital in Delhi where doctors declared them dead on arrival. Police handed over the bodies of both the victims to their families on Sunday when the last rites were performed.

Meanwhile police have not registered any case into the matter. "The duo of kids has died after they accidentally came into contact with the live wire coming out of the air cooler. The family has not given any complaint to police," said Satendra Prakash Singh, Station House Officer of Khora police station.

Neighbours alleged laxity from the electricity department as the high-tension live wires passing from the area are naked and such incidents have reported in past too.

On April 23, a young boy aged 25 years died of electrocution while two kids received critical burn injuries after they got trapped with a kite string which was dangling from a overhead high tension wire in Khora area of Ghaziabad on Tuesday.

Police officials said that the kite string 'Manjha' was China made and was coated with a thin metal string through which the current had passed.

Next Story
Share it