Millennium Post
Delhi

16-year-old boy dies of electrocution, 1 booked

Ghaziabad: Following the death of a 16-year-old boy who died of electrocution after he accidentally came into contact with an electricity pole, the Ghaziabad police have booked three persons including the Assistant Director of Electricity Security Department in connection with the incident.

According to police, the incident occurred on Saturday evening, when the deceased identified as Nanu, a resident of Vijay Nagar area in Ghaziabad, had returned after taking the holy water which was supposed to be offered to lord shiva.

"Nanu had returned from Haridwar after taking the holy water on Saturday evening and was staying at a kanwariya camp inside the campus of Shambhu Dayal College. I was also present in the camp when the incident occurred. Nanu told me that he is going for the toilet and I waited near his belongings. A few minutes later he had gone, other people rushed toward me saying that he is lying on the floor inside the toilet and has been electrocuted. He was immediately rushed to MMG District Hospital where doctors declared him dead in arrival," said Mahendra Lal, deceased's father.

Meanwhile, police have registered an FIR against three persons in connection with the case.

"Based on the complaint received, an FIR under section 304 (punishment for death due to negligence) of Indian Penal Code has been registered against KK Shukla, Assistant Director of Electricity security department, contractor of Electricity department and Shukla Staffs. The incident is unfortunate as the administration as well as police are leaving no page unturned in making arrangements for those who are on a Kanwar Yatra. We have launched an investigation into the case and will make the arrests soon," said Laxman Verma, Station House Officer (SHO) of Kotwali police station.

Meanwhile the Senior superintendent of Ghaziabad police has appealed that Shiva bhakt should follow the traffic rules and other rules set by police, so they travel safely.

As they remain bare footed, they should not touch any electricity pole and panels installed on the roads and anywhere in the city. Also they should sleep around 5-10 metre away from the roads to avoid any mishap.

Next Story
Share it