Top
Millennium Post

11 injured in massive fire caused by cylinder leak

New Delhi: A happy occasion of 'Namkaran' in a family turned tragic when while changing the gas cylinder the gas leakage caused a massive fire in the house in Nihal Vihar of outer Delhi.

Eleven people were injured in a fire including nine women. Five were later discharged from the hospital while 4 have been referred to Safdarjung hospital.

Devdutt and his wife Geeta were celebrating the 'namkaran' of their child when suddenly the gas in the cylinder got over. As the family changed the cylinder, the regulator did not fit in properly.

As a result, the gas kept leaking without te knowledge of the family and the

guests.

At around 12:30 pm in the afternoon on Thursday, as the family lighted the 'deepak' fire engulfed the rooms immediately causing burn injuries to the family.

Nine of the woman including 2 minor girls received burn injuries and two men including Devdutt. Devdutt has a tempo business.

The DFS was immediately informed and the fire was brought under control at around 2:30 pm.

Chief Fire officer Atul Garg said that three fire tenders were rushed to the spot.

"Five of the injured were discharged after first aid. However, the rest are referred to Safdarjung for treatment. Their condition is stable," said Additional DCP Outer Rajender Singh Sagar.

Earlier, three people, including two women were charred to death in a major fire that broke out on July 13 at a brass water tap factory in Jhilmil industrial area of Shahdara.

On July 5, a fire broke out on the sixth floor of the Directorate General of Health Services's (DGHS) building housing office in east Delhi's Karkardooma area.

In February this year, a massive fire at a hotel in Karol Bagh claimed 17 lives.

In a similar incident in January last year, 17 people - ten women and seven men - died in a massive blaze at a firecracker storage unit in outer Delhi's Bawana Industrial Area.

Next Story
Share it