Millennium Post

Deceased AIIMS student had got a call from a family friend

Investigation into the suicide of a first year MBBS student within the girls’ hostel in the intervening night of Saturday and Sunday has revealed that the last person who called the deceased student, Khushboo (17), was a 17-year-old boy, a family friend. Khushboo had received a call from the boy at around 2 <g data-gr-id="38">am,</g> while her body was found to be hanging in the room by her friends about 25 minutes later. However, the police officials are yet to ascertain what transpired between the two and whether the conversation has got anything to do with the girl’s death. <g data-gr-id="36">R S</g> <g data-gr-id="35">Krishnia</g>, Joint Commissioner of Police, South-east, said: “The boy was contacted today (Monday) and he has been asked to join the investigation at the earliest.”

A police official said: “The boy is also a native of Bikaner and went to the same AIPMT coaching class with Khushboo. The boy cracked the exam in the previous year and is presently a second year MBBS student at a premiere institute in Puducherry.”

Prem Nath, Deputy Commissioner of Police, South, said: “Chaudhary and the boy also exchanged several text messages both before and after the phone call,” without disclosing any more details about the “personal” conversation. “The phone number of the boy was saved in Chaudhary’s mobile phone,” said the DCP adding that the police officials have so far come across no evidence suggesting that Chaudhary was a victim of ragging.

According to the police, Khushboo used to seek guidance from the boy, who is also close to her family. When contacted on Monday, he told the police that he is presently out on a tour and shall come to Delhi at the earliest to join the probe. The boy’s parents also agreed to cooperate with the police, if needed, the senior official said. Meanwhile, police officials also found out that Khushboo was preparing for the Fresher’s Party due on September 5. She, along with her cousin, a resident doctor in the same campus, had gone to Sarojini Nagar market in the evening to shop for the party.

According to the senior police officials, at night, she was chatting in the <g data-gr-id="30">hostel</g> room with her friends after which she politely asked them to leave her alone when she received the phone call, an official privy to the investigation said. On Sunday, she was found hanging at her hostel room in the AIIMS campus. 

She had joined the institute on July 10 after securing the 24th Rank (3rd rank in the reserved category) in the entrance exam. The mobile phone of the student has been taken by police for analysis of call data and other records. “No case has been registered.” 
Next Story
Share it