Millennium Post

CM asks for proper probe into teenager’s death

The 17-year-old boy was found bleeding in the car park of Sunny Park Apartment in Ballygunge, after he had attended a birthday party and was declared brought dead when taken to a private hospital at Dhakuria.

Biswas said that the Chief Minister spoke to the Commissioner of the Kolkata Police Rajeev Kumar and directed him to undertake a proper probe into the incident so that the truth behind the mysterious death comes out. Kolkata Police have formed a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe into the death of Aabesh.

The victim’s mother, Rimjhim Dasgupta on Monday met the Commissioner and Joint Commissioner 
of Police (Crime) Vishal Garg. She reportedly told the police that she believed that her son was murdered and the “broken piece of the bottle didn’t pierce his body accidentally”.

After coming out of the police headquarters at Lalbazar, she said that the top officers of the Kolkata Police told her that they never said that Aabesh’s death was a mere accident and they are yet to come to a conclusion.

“I apprehend that the parents of the other involved in it are influential, but my son should also get justice,” she said, adding that the police would be forming a special team to probe into the death of her son.

She also demanded that cell phones of the victim’s friends should be seized for further investigation.
Later in the evening, the city police also confirmed the formation of the SIT headed by Garg. The case has been formally taken over by the Homicide Section of the city police’s detective department and officers of the section visited the spot on Monday evening once again.

They were found collecting some more samples from the spot. Since morning, Aabesh’s family members had been waiting eagerly for the autopsy report and sources said that his mother had 
even asked the outcome of the autopsy report to the senior police officers.

It is learnt that the police are yet to come to a conclusion whether Aabesh’s death was a murder or not. The autopsy sergeant had even visited the spot Sunday night to reach a definite conclusion.
The police are waiting for a concrete report from forensic experts. The experts had also visited the scene of the crime Monday afternoon.

Police have seized the shirts of two of the victim’s friends. They were wearing those shirts during the party. Fingerprint experts have also been engaged and they are examining the broken shards of the bottle.

They went to the spot and examined the swings at the basement of the apartment on which the 
victim and some of his friends were sitting. 
Next Story
Share it