AT&T pulls all ads from YouTube over paedophilia controversy
San Francisco: American telecommunications giant AT&T has pulled all advertisements from video-sharing platform YouTube as the latter is dealing with issues regarding predatory comments on videos of children, the CNBC has reported.
With this, the telecom giant has joined companies like Disney, Nestle and Fortnite maker Epic Games in pulling ads from YouTube while the paedophilia content issue persists.
"Until Google can protect our brand from offensive content of any kind, we are removing all advertising from YouTube," an AT&T spokesperson was quoted as saying by CNBC late on Thursday.
The telecom major originally pulled its entire ad spend from YouTube in 2017 after revelations that its ads were appearing alongside derogatory content, including terrorist content, but resumed advertising in January.
Meanwhile, Google-owned YouTube has not commented specifically whether advertisers are pulling out of the platform.
However, earlier this week, YouTube said it was terminating accounts and channels that have violated the platform's policies.
"YouTube declined to comment on any specific advertisers, but said in a statement: 'Any content - including comments - that endangers minors is abhorrent and we have clear policies prohibiting this on YouTube. We took immediate action by deleting accounts and channels, reporting illegal activity to authorities and disabling violative comments'," the report added.
- 23 Dec 2019 4:40 PM GMT
- 26 Dec 2019 6:15 PM GMT
- 22 Aug 2019 6:17 PM GMT
- 31 Aug 2019 1:38 PM GMT
- 25 Oct 2017 3:32 PM GMT
- 23 Jan 2020 5:03 PM GMT
- 23 Jan 2020 5:02 PM GMT
- 23 Jan 2020 5:01 PM GMT
- 23 Jan 2020 5:00 PM GMT
- 23 Jan 2020 4:58 PM GMT