Millennium Post

Boy found living with mother’s 3-day-old corpse

A boy lived with the decomposed body of his mother for the past three days without informing anyone about her death in their flat at Dum Dum.

It may be recalled that a 40-year-old man Partha De had lived with the corpse of his sister for 6-long months on Robinson Street and it came to light after their father committed suicide by setting himself on fire in the house.

Police said that preliminary investigation revealed that the 42-year-old woman Puja Banik died on Sunday in her flat. But her son Rabi Banik didn’t inform anyone about his mother’s death.

Their flat was in the second floor of the apartment where the woman used to stay alone with her son as her husband had to go out for business tours.

This morning their neighbours got foul smell from their flat and enquired the matter. 

They found the boy lying on a floor and the woman’s body was on a bed. The boy became ill as he had not taken food for the past few days and he was not in a condition to speak.

The neighbours informed the police. Policemen from Dum Dum police station went to the spot and sent the body for an autopsy.

They informed the woman’s husband and asked him to come back from his business tour as early as possible. They have also contacted some of the relatives and asked them to take care of the boy.

Police came to know that some of their relatives tried to get in touch with the woman on Tuesday. 

Her cell phone went on ringing but no one took the call. The relatives had plans to visit the flat on Wednesday morning, but they got call from police for giving information of the woman’s death.

Some local people told the police that she was depressed for the past few days and hardly used to speak to the neighbours. 

It seems the boy was also suffering from depression, a police officer said.

On April 10, in another a macabre incident, the daughter and son of a 70-year-old man were found living with the decomposed body of their father for the past four days in their house near City Centre at Durgapur in Burdwan. Police had said that 79-year-old Karunamoy Dutta, was a former employee of an Ispat Company and he had died four days ago. 

Investigation revealed that Dutta used to live in the house along with his wife Manisha Dutta, daughter Swastika and son Sandip. 

On the night of March 6 Manisha fell ill and had to be admitted to a local hospital. 

Karunamoy, who was also suffering from various ailments, had passed away a day after his wife was admitted to the hospital.
Next Story
Share it