UP Cabinet Meet:Farmers Loan waiver and action on illegal slaughterhouses discussed
Yogi Adiyanath led cabinet in Uttar Pradesh held its first formal meet this evening since the swearing in ceremony held on March 19.Though the chief minister had several informal meetings with his ministers,an official cabinet meeting touched major issues such as Illegal cow slaughter and farmer loan waiver.
Here are the highlights of the meeting:
- The Uttar Pradesh government has decided to waive Rs. 30,359 crore in farm loans and Rs. 5,630 in non-performing assets.
- The cabinet lauded the efforts of the recently organised anti-romeo squads in combating women harrasment but also directed the squad to refrain from heckling with couples in public places.
- The UP cabinet agreed that all illegal slaughterhouses will be shut, in adherence to norms set by the Supreme Court and National Green Tribunal.
- Deputy CM Keshav Prasad Maurya to head new panel to monitor illegal mining.
- 500 wheat buying centres to be set up, to be monitored by CM.