Chinese troops transgress into Barahoti in Uttarakhand
Chinese troops transgressed almost a kilometre into Indian territory in Barahoti of Uttarakhand last week, even as a stand-off between Indian and Chinese troops is on in Doklam in the Sikkim sector.
While the Indian Army has refused to comment on the incident, an official said that transgressions occur due to different perceptions of the boundary.
According to sources, the transgression took place on July 25.
Both sides have reinforced troops and are maintaining positions along the border, with no sign of withdrawing soon.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said in Parliament on July 20 that while China has been demanding that India withdraw its troops from Doklam for a dialogue to begin, India is for a simultaneous withdrawal by both sides.
National Security Advisor Ajit Doval was in Beijing to attend a BRICS security summit on July 27-28, when he held talks with his Chinese counterpart Yang Jiechi on bilateral issues.