Ramachandra Guha addresses CoA head Vinod Rai in 7-point letter
After surprisingly announcing his resignation from the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administators (CoA), renowned cricket historian Ramachandra Guha on Friday, wrote a letter to CoA head Vinod Rai, mentioning his reasons to quit from the post.
Lately, a lot has tranpired in Indian cricket including the alleged rift between Indian captain Virat Kohli and coach Anil Kumble doing the rounds. Even though a BCCI official has stated that it is nothing but pure speculation, there are plenty of other question marks remaining that have not gone down too well with Guha.
Guha's reasons of resigning cover a host of topics from the BCCI dishing out special treatment to its star players which includes MS Dhoni's grade A contract still allotted to him despite retiring from Test cricket.
a letter addressed to Rai, Guha mentioned the following points
1. The inability to solve the conflict of interest issue. National coaches such as Rahul Dravid paying more attention to IPL franchise Delhi Daredevils than the Under-19 assignments assigned to him.
2. BCCI appointing commentator Sunil Gavaskar as head of a player management company.
3. MS Dhoni given A grade contract despite retiring from Test cricket in 2014
4. BCCI conducting interviews for a new coach despite existing coach Anil Kumble's stellar record in the past one year.
5. Negligence towards domestic cricketers and comparisions in their pay as compared to international cricketers.
6. No action from the committee towards disqualified officials still attending BCCI meets.
7. Refusal towards a proposal to include Javagal Srinath in the committee. Reportedly, a former male cricketer was asked to be part of CoA.