Couverture chocolate, which is cocoa butter from the purest and the richest cocoa beans from around the world, has various health benefits. Cocoa butter helps in anti-aging, and improved skin health. Vibhu Mahajan, Chief Operating Officer at Choko la, the manufacturing company talks about some benefits of couverture chocolate:
- Cocoa is one of the highest known natural sources of anti-oxidants in the world. It is rich in Flavan-3-ol, anti-oxidant compounds which can improve cognition, lower blood pressure and increase circulations.
- Cocoa butter used in couverture has lower melting point. This increases ‘friendly cholesterol’ HDL levels and maintains total cholesterol level.
- Cocoa butter which is one of the main ingredients in the preparation of couverture chocolates, helps in combating kidney problems and also prevents cardiac diseases.
- Real couverture dark chocolate is said to reduce risk of arteriosclerosis (thickening of walls of arteries in a person’s body which hampers the blood flow).
- The phenethylamine present in chocolate uplifts one’s mood instantaneously.
- Due to low glycemic index of chocolate, one can be carefree about surge in blood sugar levels.
- Theobromine present in couverture chocolate hardens tooth enamel and cures cough.
- Flavonoids present in cocoa can help one in getting glowing and healthier skin.