Benefits of couverture chocolate
Couverture chocolate, which is cocoa butter from the purest and the richest cocoa beans from around the world, has various health benefits. Cocoa butter helps in anti-aging, and improved skin health. Vibhu Mahajan, Chief Operating Officer at Choko la, the manufacturing company talks about some benefits of couverture chocolate:
- Cocoa is one of the highest known natural sources of anti-oxidants in the world. It is rich in Flavan-3-ol, anti-oxidant compounds which can improve cognition, lower blood pressure and increase circulations.
- Cocoa butter used in couverture has lower melting point. This increases ‘friendly cholesterol’ HDL levels and maintains total cholesterol level.
- Cocoa butter which is one of the main ingredients in the preparation of couverture chocolates, helps in combating kidney problems and also prevents cardiac diseases.
- Real couverture dark chocolate is said to reduce risk of arteriosclerosis (thickening of walls of arteries in a person’s body which hampers the blood flow).
- The phenethylamine present in chocolate uplifts one’s mood instantaneously.
- Due to low glycemic index of chocolate, one can be carefree about surge in blood sugar levels.
- Theobromine present in couverture chocolate hardens tooth enamel and cures cough.
- Flavonoids present in cocoa can help one in getting glowing and healthier skin.