Top
Millennium Post

Awards put on hold after twist in Rohtak sisters case

The move comes  allegedly after the second similar video went viral. The second video shows the siblings beating up a person at City Park in Rohtak for passing ‘lewd comments’ targeting them while they were crossing the park.

The government has also reinstated the bus driver, Balwan Singh and conductor, Labh Singh, who were suspended a day after a video of the Rohtak sisters surfaced showing the siblings beating up three persons in a moving bus after their alleged attempt to molest them. The duo have been reinstated with immediate effect pending departmental inquiry against them.  

“The awards announced for the two sisters by the state government which was to be bestowed upon them on Republic Day had been ‘put on hold pending an inquiry’ in the case,” Chief Minister’s Officer on Special duty (OSD) Jawahar Yadav said. “Against whomsoever evidence is found action will be taken,” he added. 

On Sunday, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar had recommended the names of Arti (24) and Puja (19) for bravery awards on the occasion of Republic Day.

Meanwhile, several theories have cropped after the sisters hogged limelight when the first video went viral. It was learnt by the Rohtak police that the duo were involved in several similar scuffles in the recent past too. In March, they had also registered a case against three persons for molesting them.

“We are investigating the case (sisters beating up three alleged molesters—Kuldeep, Mohit and Deepak in a moving bus) from all plausible angles and have not given clean chit to the victims,” Yashpal Khatana, DSP Law and Order, Rohtak told Millennium Post. Khatana further added that they have informed the Indian Army about the fresh development in the case. Kuldeep and Deepak had recently cleared the preliminary exams for recruitment as jawans in the Army.

Millennium Post tried to contact the sisters over telephone but the siblings remained unavailable for comments.

Next Story
Share it