Millennium Post

Aus to build memorial for Sydney siege victims

The New South Wales (NSW) government in Australia announced on Sunday that  it will build a permanent memorial to honour the victims and heroes of December 2014 Lindt Chocolate Cafe siege in Sydney.

The memorial will feature a “garden element” that will incorporate compost from the floral tribute at Martin Place in the days following the siege, said NSW Premier Mike Baird, a national newspaper reported.

The memorial is likely to be unveiled as early as May, said Baird.

Eighteen people were taken hostage by gunman Haron Monis, in the cafe at Martin Place in Sydney on December 15, last year in a 16-hour siege, that left 3 dead includimng the gunman.
The flowers that flooded Martin Place in memory of siege victims will feature as a part of the permanent memorial. 

Agencies

Agencies

Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you


Share it
Top