Millennium Post

Alert cops discover tea shop shut, owner missing for few days; solve murder case

The vigilant eyes of two policemen in South-east Delhi helped cops crack a brutal murder case of a woman who was cut into two pieces before being dumped at separate locations by the murderer. The police after identifying the body has arrested the accused.

The Delhi Police received a call on December 3 that the torso of a woman was dumped in the Nala at Captain Gaur Marg in Amar Colony. A police team reached the spot immediately and found that the body of an unknown woman was lying in a bag in the drain. 

All out efforts were made to give wide publicity for the identification of the unidentified woman. Before the police could even crack the mystery, another call was received the next day at Sri Niwas Puri, that the legs of some person are lying in a Nala. The police suspected that the body parts of the woman were dumped separately to mislead the investigation and conceal the identity of the deceased.

After strenuous efforts of pasting around 4,000 posters at areas which had maximum footfall like cinema halls, bus stops, TSR stands and busy markets, the police eventually failed to get any concrete leads in the incident.

It is then that two intelligent head constables and a constable’s alertness gave the police its first breakthrough. Delhi Police constable Anil and two Head Constables Surender and Krishan Pal noticed that a woman who used to run a small tea shop near Nursery of E-Block, East of Kailash Community Centre was missing and the shop was not opened for the last 2-3 days. 

From further local enquiry, it was revealed that the woman is Anarkali and resides in a rented room locally. The investigation revealed that she stayed with a man from Odisha and is missing for the past few days.

Soon, the police knew they had their man and the accused Balram was arrested on a tip-off.

The accused confessed to the crime and told that he was in a live-in relation with the deceased and suspected her of having illicit affairs with other men.

“The accused in a heated argument hit Anarkali with a heavy hammer on her head and back. When she was dead, he planned to cut her body in two parts in order to dispose the dead body easily by throwing it in the nalas around the area,” said DCP South-east Romil Baniya.
Next Story
Share it