Accused JMB duo remanded to six-day NIA custody
The two activists of the Jamat-ul-Mujahideen (Bangladesh), who were arrested on Tuesday were remanded in the custody of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) for six days when produced before the Bankshall Court on Wednesday.
It may be mentioned that on Tuesday Habibul Hoque and Enamul Molla were arrested from Rabindra Nagar area.
On Tuesday they were produced before the court. In the court the NIA counsel submitted that the Habibul had given shelter to several senior members of the outfit at Rabindra Nagar after the Khagragarh blast.
The members include the masterminds behind the Khagragarh blast Yusuf and Kausar. Both Yusuf and Kausar are still at large. Thus there is a need to interrogate them further.
Sources said that both Habibul and Enamul had undergone training under Yusuf. Habibul had recruited around 10 to 15 youth.
The incident had taken place when Enamul, who knew Yusuf for the past 3 years, had just started the process to recruit more youth.
He had also arranged radicalisation programme and collected Rs 20,000 to buy firearms.
Moreover, memory cards containing several videos that were used for training purposes were found from him.
Moreover, the investigating agency has also found photographs of Kausar from Habibul.
An NIA officer said the duo had been in constant touch with some of the top JMB activists when the latter were absconding.
They had arranged for a safe shelter for them. The top JMB activists were introduced as the duo’s relatives from their native places. NIA had come to know about Habibul and Enamul after arresting the two youth from Howrah a few days ago.
“They can give us information about the absconding activists of the outfit. Moreover, the materials and the cell phones recovered from them can give us a lead about Yusuf and Kausar,” the officer said adding raids will also be conducted in some places in this connection soon.