Top
Millennium Post

Abductors drop bizman’s son near home; no arrests yet

The 11-year-old son of a Central-Delhi-based businessman was allegedly abducted from near his Patel Nagar residence on Saturday evening. The abductors then called up the businessman and demanded Rs 30 lakh for the safe release of the boy.

The businessman, who deals in construction materials and has a shop in Karol Bagh, informed of the matter to the police and more than a dozen teams were formed for the immediate rescue of the boy. The abductors supposedly got intimidated and released the boy on the wee hours of Sunday.

They dropped the boy in front of a hotel near his Patel Nagar residence, where the abductors had earlier asked the boy’s father to come with the ransom money, said a police officer.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central), Paramaditya, claimed that the businessman did not have to pay any money for the boy’s release. He also informed that the accused have been identified and shall soon be arrested, without disclosing their names.

According to a police source, one of the accused is known to the victim’s family.

On Saturday, it was reported that the 11-year-old boy did not return home, after playing cricket with his friends in a nearby park. The boy’s family received the first ransom call around 9 pm. The boy’s father reported the matter to the police. Meanwhile, the abductors called him again from a different mobile number. When the numbers were verified, it emerged that both the phones were reported to be stolen on Saturday evening, said an official.
Next Story
Share it