Top
Millennium Post

AAP’s internal survey predicts landslide victory

AAP’s internal survey predicts landslide victory
The pre-poll survey conducted by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has claimed a landslide victory in the upcoming assembly election. The AAP’s internal survey released on Wednesday revealed that the party was projected to get 51 seats while BJP would stop short at 15 seats and Congress and others will be restricted to only 4 seats. The survey has been conducted under the supervision of former psephologist and senior AAP leader Yogendra Yadav.

“We surveyed 35 constituencies, 3,188 respondents were asked about their preferences. In our survey, we asked the people about their chief ministerial choice. Six percent people had no opinion, seven percent opted for Ajay Maken, 34 percent opted for Kiran Bedi and 53 percent for Arvind Kejriwal,” said Yadav.   

He added that the AAP would garner a 46 percent vote share, while the BJP would manage just 33 percent. Various opinion polls conducted by television channels have predicted a neck-in-neck contest in the Delhi polls, with some giving a slight edge to the AAP.

He said the direction of all major polls published and telecast by the newspapers and news channels this week were unanimous in their findings that the AAP is headed for a clear victory in Delhi assembly elections. He requested all the agencies which have conducted these pre-poll surveys to make public their raw data, which will make the exercise more credible.In a ‘best case scenario,’ he said, AAP expects to bag 57 seats and in a worst case scenario, 44 seats, with the BJP getting 20.

Yadav further said 65 per cent people who participated in the survey were male, remaining 35 per cent were female , out of which 12 per cent respondents were from rural areas , 15 per cent respondents were SC , 13 per cent respondents were Muslim and 17 per cent respondents were from upper middle class localities .
Sunil Thapliyal

Sunil Thapliyal

Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you


Next Story
Share it