34 students fall ill after eating mid-day meal
After consuming mid-day meal on Monday, 34 girls of a government school in Jahangirpuri area were taken ill.
The students of A-Block girls’ school complained of stomach pain after eating daal-rice served as the midday meal following which they were rushed to nearby Babu Jagjiwan Ram Hospital.
“We got a call from the school and were informed that more than 30 students are complaining of stomach pain after eating the mid-day meal. We immediately admitted all the girls and started the treatment. It was a case of food poisoning,” said Dr Amareshwar Narayan, Medical Superintendent Babu Jagjivan Ram Hospital. Except two students, the rest of them were discharged after preliminary treatment.
Police said they received a call at the PCR about the incident and an FIR has been registered in this connection.
“An FIR has been registered under IPC Sections 284 (negligent conduct with respect to poisonous substance) and 336 (endangering life or personal safety of others) against unidentified persons. Further investigation is underway,” a senior police official said.
The Education Department authorities, however, said the samples of the meal served on Monday have been sent for testing. “The same meal was served to over 400 students of the school. However, since these students complained of stomach ache after consuming it, we have sent
the samples for testing,” Padmini <g data-gr-id="23">Singhla</g>, Director of Education said.
- 25 Jan 2020 5:27 PM GMT
- 26 Dec 2019 6:15 PM GMT
- 22 Aug 2019 6:17 PM GMT
- 31 Aug 2019 1:38 PM GMT
- 25 Oct 2017 3:32 PM GMT
- 24 Feb 2020 1:30 PM GMT
- 24 Feb 2020 1:15 PM GMT
- 24 Feb 2020 1:00 PM GMT
- 24 Feb 2020 12:43 PM GMT
- 24 Feb 2020 12:15 PM GMT