3 family members electrocuted in Khejuri

In a tragic incident, three members of a family including a child died after being electrocuted at a village in Khejuri on Thursday. The incident triggered tension in the area. 

Chittaranjan Jana (50) his wife Umarani Jana (45) and their child Indrajit Jana (24) died after being electrocuted while trying to extract pond water by running a pump. Police said that the victims were the residents of Kesabchak village at Khejuri. It was learnt that the victims were mainly involved in cultivation. On Thursday morning the couple along with their son went to the pond. They were trying to extract some water from the pond when the incident took place. Police said when the victims stitched on the pump to discharge the pond water they got electrocuted. They suspect that there was some electrical short circuit which might have led to the incident.
M Post Bureau

M Post Bureau

Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you

Share it