Millennium Post

17-year-old girl shot dead in Merc near her house

A 17-year-old girl was found shot dead in a Mercedes car parked right outside her house in South-west Delhi’s Najafgarh area on Tuesday night. She was with one of her friends inside the car when she was shot. The accused, Shubham, is currently absconding.    

The victim was found by her mother as she heard the sound of gunshots ring through the air. She rushed her daughter to Ayushman hospital where she was declared brought dead by the doctors. 

According to police, the deceased, Simran was a resident of Deepak Vihar in Najafgarh area. She was studying in a local school and was also preparing for law entrance exams. The girl had gone out for lunch with her friend, Shubham and Yogesh in Rajouri Garden.

The girl knew Shubham, however, this was the first time that she was meeting Yogesh. When her daughter did not return, her mother started getting anxious and started making phone calls at around 7 pm to get in touch with her. 

Her daughter informed her mother that she was with one of her friend, Nitin. She contacted Nitin, who denied that the girl was with him which further added to her anxiety. 

The trio made a few stops on their way from Rajouri Garden as they went for some shopping and at around 9 pm, the girl returned and was accompanied by Shubham and the owner of the Mercedes car, Yogesh.

After she reached her place, for some unknown reason she never got out of the car. Yogesh, in the meantime reportedly got down from the car to relieve himself.

In the meantime, Nitin had also come to the girl’s house to inquire about her whereabouts. 

A few metres away, the victim’s mother had come outside her house as she was frantically waiting for her daughter. Suddenly, the sound of gunshot came out from the car. 

Yogesh, Nitin and the victim’s mother rushed to her help. In the ensuing chaos, Shubham managed to slip by.

The girl was found lying in a pool of blood. She reportedly died on the spot. Her mother rushed her to Ayushman hospital where she was declared brought dead.

So far, the motive of the murder has still not been established. Prima facie investigation reveals that the weapon of offence was owned by Yogesh. He had allegedly carried the gun with him and had placed it inside the car. 

The police are now probing the case from all angles. They are trying to ascertain as to why Yogesh was carrying the gun in his car and if the murder was pre-meditated or not.

“We have recorded the statements of the eye witnesses and have registered the case in Najafgarh police station. We are also talking to her mother and trying to find out more details about Shubham. We will soon apprehend him,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (South-West), Surender Kumar.

In the meantime, the victim’s body has been shifted to Rao Tula Ram hospital where post-mortem will be conducted. The police have so far denied any sexual assault into the case. 

“There is no evidence so far that she was sexually assaulted. We are waiting for her post-mortem report. We are probing the case from all angles,” Kumar added.
Next Story
Share it