1 labourer electrocuted, 6 hurt as live wire falls at Alipur farmhouse
A 24-year-old man was allegedly electrocuted, while six others suffered severe burn injuries when a live high-voltage wire accidentally fell on them at an under-construction farmhouse in Outer Delhi's Alipur area on Thursday afternoon.
The police said the deceased was identified as Danish Malik, while Malu (40), Imran (19), Anwar (17), Anas (14), Usman (28) and Mustakim (26) were injured.
Police said three labourers were constructing the roof at the farmhouse when the overhead high-voltage wire fell on them. Four other labourers, working at the site, tried to save the three, but they too were injured, they said.
The incident took place around 3:10pm at the Palam Green farmhouse in Bakoli village of Alipur area. Sources said that the labourers were working when the live wire fell on them. The other labourers present at the site raised an alarm and informed the police.
A team of local police and District Magistrate Amit Satija rushed the injured to a nearby hospital, where Malik was declared brought dead. The other six labourers, injured in the incident, were later referred to the LNJP Hospital.
The police have informed Malik’s family. His body would be handed over to them after the post-mortem examination.
Sources, meanwhile, said that all labourers were natives of Sambhal in UP and had come to the national Capital to earn a livelihood.
A senior police official said, “We have registered a case against unknown persons under Section 304A (causing death due to negligence) of the IPC at the Alipur police station.” The police will record the statements of the injured victims once they are fit.
- 17 May 2020 6:47 PM GMT
- 6 May 2020 6:06 PM GMT
- 8 May 2020 8:02 PM GMT
- 22 Aug 2019 6:17 PM GMT
- 25 Oct 2017 3:32 PM GMT
- 7 Jun 2020 6:39 AM GMT
- 7 Jun 2020 6:36 AM GMT
- 7 Jun 2020 6:35 AM GMT
- 7 Jun 2020 6:28 AM GMT
- 7 Jun 2020 6:26 AM GMT