MillenniumPost
Sports

Lahiri, Bhullar set for Macau test

Anirban Lahiri and Gaganjeet Bhullar, who have both won once each this year, will lead a strong Indian challenge at the USD 750,000 Venetian Macau Open which starts on Thursday.

Lahiri, this year, won the SAIL-SBI Open, while Bhullar won the Yeangder TPC in Taiwan. But the others have also been growing in confidence as the progressed.

Other Indians in the fray will be three-time Asian tour winner and the man in form, Gaganjeet Bhullar, former Asian Tour rookie, Shiv Kapur, two-time winner of joint sanctioned events, SSP Chowrasia, Singapore Masters winner, Himmat Rai and Ajeetesh Sandhu.

Lahiri said, ‘My first year on Tour in 2008, I played with David Gleeson in the leader group in the third day. I’ve got good and positive memories of playing here. It’s a layout that is quite challenging but it suits my eye. I love coming back here.

‘It’s a lot of judgement and how you gauge the winds.

It’s a tricky golf course and very penal off the tee. You have to be on the short grass.’ He added, ‘I had a great rest last week. I caught up with my coach. I wasn’t very happy with the way I was hitting it.

It seems to be moving in the right direction. I was happy with my decision to not play last week and just worked on my game.’

Speaking about his new look, he smiled and said, ‘Ever since I was in school, I was always keen to experiment with looks.’   
Next Story
Share it