Kite-flying adventure takes a deadly turn
While the country celebrated Independence Day, a nine-year-old boy was electrocuted to death at South-East Delhi’s Badarpur area on Saturday evening.
The minor has been identified as Saurabh, a student studying in the third standard. According to family members and neighbours, he went up to his terrace to fly a kite, which fell in the nearby DDA park. A motor was kept in the park premises near a Delhi Jal Board box with a fence surrounding it.
The boy, running to catch the kite missed the fence around the motor, stepped on it and died.
Since it had been raining in the past few days, <g data-gr-id="18">current</g> was passing through it due to which the child was electrocuted.
A case has been registered under section 304 (a) (death due to negligence) at the Badarpur police station.
The police have started the investigation and appropriate action will be taken against the concerned officials of the civic body. So far no arrests have been made.