Murder accused who escaped from UP nabbed

NEW DELHI: A police team of the Special Staff of Dwarka District rearrested an accused on Thursday, who had escaped from police custody from a police station in neighbouring Uttar Pradesh.
The accused Sandeep was involved in the double murder of a brother and sister in Chhawla in March this year.
He was first arrested by Special Staff of Dwarka in April, but had escaped during the police remand, while he was locked-up in Gosai Ganj police station in Lucknow district.
The incident was reported on March 3, when Anita Yadav, a school principal, and her brohter were taken to hospital with gunshot injuries after an assault by her neighbour Naveen and his associates.
She was fired at from point-blank range and declared brought dead at the hospital.
Her son was present at the spot and was lucky to escape the death as the pistol used by Naveen had jammed.
On March 6, a tipoff was received by personnel at Sadar Bahadurgarh police station in Haryana, regarding the recovery of the dead body of a man, identified as one Jaikishan.
It came to light that Jaikishan was a resident of Delhi and a cousin of Anita Yadav. Later, cops came to know that Jaikishan had planned the murders of Anita and her brother.
Anita's husband got his statement recorded and alleged that his wife was murdered by his neighbour Naveen, with the help of his associates, over a property dispute over six bighas of land in the same village.
It was reported that the deceased had purchased some land in partnership with the wife of the accused Naveen, but the accused was putting pressure on the deceased to transfer the entire land to him without paying any money.
Sandeep, one of Naveen's associates, had been arrested by a joint team of Special Staff Dwarka.
However, when he was locked-up at the Gosai Ganj police station on an April night, Sandeep escaped from the police custody by deceiving the sentry on the pretext of getting water for attending nature's call.
Next Story
Share it