Millennium Post

Ammonia gas leak in Andhra plant; 30 hospitalised

Atleast 30 workers at a private agri-marine processing plant at Indukurpet mandal of the district were on Wednesday hospitalised after inhaling leaked ammonia gas from the plant, police said. The incident occurred at around 10 am when the workers at the plant inhaled the gas which leaked out while processing of shrimps on the plant premises, they said. “After inhaling the ammonia gas, atleast 30 workers fell unconscious and were immediately shifted to government hospital and a private hospital and treated upon. Their condition is out of danger,’ a senior police officer said.
Next Story
Share it