40-yr-old electrician dies in South Delhi

A 40-year-old electrician with BSES was electrocuted while repairing the power connection at a residence in South Delhi’s Pul Prahladpur area on Saturday. Meanwhile, the victim’s colleagues have blamed his seniors for not providing necessary equipment despite having requested for it before going to repair the faulty connection.

The victim was identified as Kailash who hailed from Rajasthan. For the past few <g data-gr-id="16">years</g> he had been living in South-East Delhi’s Sangam Vihar area. He was working as a contractual employee in the office of BSES Rajdhani Power Limited in Vishwakarma Colony. On Saturday, Kailash along with his helper Aziz, went to a house in Pul Prahladpur area following a complaint. Before leaving the office, they asked their seniors to provide them with safety equipment but the officials provided them only a meagre support without any safety belts. In a statement to the police Aziz said: “We need safety belts as the work was fraught with risks. But the contractor asked them to manage with the given equipment.” 
Next Story
Share it