In a major relief to over 1.5 lakh flat buyers in Noida Extension, the Master Plan, 2021, of Greater Noida got final approval from the NCR Planning Board (NCRPB) on Friday, with the union minister for urban development Kamal Nath appending his signatures on it. The construction work on several residential projects in Noida Extension, which were stalled for eight months ago, may now resume.
Noida Extension, the ambitious residential project of Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA), was started in 2010 to provide residential accommodation to the middle class people of Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR) in the township adjacent to Noida. But, it was soon stuck in the court battle between the farmers of the area and GNIDA, as the authority changed the land use from industrial to residential. The Allahabad high court, in its order on 21 October 2011, ordered freeze on all the projects in the area and asked the authority to get its master plan approved as pre-condition to resume construction.
'Its a day of celebration for us, as the construction work will finally resume here and we will be allotted our dream homes. I, with several other flat buyers and members of our association, met with the minister and he signed it on the Master Plan, 2021, before us,' said Shweta Bharti, the general secretary of Noida Extension Flat Owners Welfare Association.
The builders and real estate major had promised the buyers to hand over their flats within 27 months from the date of booking in 2010, but so far the construction has not started at several sites. The work was completely stalled around last April and May due to farmers' agitation in the area. 'I have been paying bank EMI since January 2011 for the two BHK flat I had booked in Noida Extension. The builder had promised me to give possession by November 2012, but so far the construction has not started,' said Chetan Tyagi who had booked his flat with real estate major Panchsheel.
The farmers of the area have welcomed the development but say that they would not allow the work to begin unless their grouses are addressed.
Noida Extension, the ambitious residential project of Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA), was started in 2010 to provide residential accommodation to the middle class people of Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR) in the township adjacent to Noida. But, it was soon stuck in the court battle between the farmers of the area and GNIDA, as the authority changed the land use from industrial to residential. The Allahabad high court, in its order on 21 October 2011, ordered freeze on all the projects in the area and asked the authority to get its master plan approved as pre-condition to resume construction.
'Its a day of celebration for us, as the construction work will finally resume here and we will be allotted our dream homes. I, with several other flat buyers and members of our association, met with the minister and he signed it on the Master Plan, 2021, before us,' said Shweta Bharti, the general secretary of Noida Extension Flat Owners Welfare Association.
The builders and real estate major had promised the buyers to hand over their flats within 27 months from the date of booking in 2010, but so far the construction has not started at several sites. The work was completely stalled around last April and May due to farmers' agitation in the area. 'I have been paying bank EMI since January 2011 for the two BHK flat I had booked in Noida Extension. The builder had promised me to give possession by November 2012, but so far the construction has not started,' said Chetan Tyagi who had booked his flat with real estate major Panchsheel.
The farmers of the area have welcomed the development but say that they would not allow the work to begin unless their grouses are addressed.