Home > Sports > Yogeshwar’s participation highly unlikely in PWL 2

Yogeshwar’s participation highly unlikely in PWL 2

 Agencies |  2016-10-28 23:52:15.0  |  New Delhi

With Sushil Kumar chances of participating in the second season of the Pro Wrestling League (PWL) next to nil, another star India wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt is also likely to opt out of the upcoming event taking the sheen away from the tournament.

London Olympic bronze medallist, who represented the Haryana franchise last year, in all probability, will not be a part of the League, starting December 15, as his wedding is scheduled in January next year.

“It is very difficult for me to be a part of PWL as the League will take place in December and my wedding is in January. Although I have still not ruled it out completely, it seems unlikely,” Yogeshwar told.

Asked if he is fit and has been training regularly, Yogeshwar said: “Yes, I am fit and train everyday. It is only because of the fact that my wedding date so near to the competition that it might be a little difficult for me to be a part of the League.”

In the inaugural edition of the PWL last year, 33-year-old grappler was ruled out mid way into the tournament after sustaining an injury, but he did well in the initial rounds to ensure that his team made it to the final, where Haryana lost to Mumbai.

Even the sources in the PWL organising committee today claimed that Yogeshwar was not likely to take part in the competition, though they were still in talks with him.

“Because of his wedding, Yogeshwar may not be able to take part in the competition but we are in talks with him and are trying our best to bring him on board as he is one of the most popular wrestlers in the country,” a source claimed. 

Yogeshwar was last seen in action at the Rio Olympic Games, where he crashed out of the tournament after losing his qualification bout in the men’s 65kg freestyle category. AGENCIES

Share it
Top