Women, children guard Bisara from ‘outsiders’
Amid huge deployment of <g data-gr-id="59">police</g> force and prohibitory orders by the district administration, a mob comprising women and children kept the region boiling throughout the day. The mob, armed with lathis, were witnessed gathered at the entry/exit points of the village, disallowing entry of outsiders.
What is worse is that the communities, even after 125 hours passed from the incident, refused to abate, blaming each other responsible for the incident.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday announced to increase the financial assistance from Rs 10 to Rs 20 lakh to be given to the victims’ family.
The UP CM has said <g data-gr-id="47">hree</g> would visit the victims’ family in Lucknow on Sunday following which four members of the victims’ family reportedly boarded a Delhi-Lucknow flight late on Saturday evening. The family members were accompanied by UP minister <g data-gr-id="48">Aashu</g> Malik.
“Nobody involved in the incident will be spared. The government is time bound and is pressed for a fair probe. All steps will be taken to prevent such incidents from occurring in future,” said the UP CM in Lucknow.
Early morning, nearly 500 women and children, belonging to the majority community, came down on the streets. The women were seen holding lathis and other articles.
The mob, which was irked over the frequent visit of leaders of political parties and media persons, said that they would ensure zero entry on Saturday. The women blocked the entry/exit points and only police were seen moving in the area.
“As we have been victimised for political benefits, we have decided to safeguard our interest. We have blocked the village from all sides and have asked villagers not to interact with any outsiders especially politicians,” said a woman.
Instead of improving, the village’s situation deteriorated. Amid prohibition of assembly/gathering of more than four persons, it was a curfew-like situation every where. Schools, markets, shops and other institutions remain closed and <g data-gr-id="57">majority</g> of the villagers preferred to remain in their houses.
The people, in a hushed tone, said that they will not take any risk as the situation is deteriorating with each passing day. They claimed that controversial statements of leaders and their appeasement policy <g data-gr-id="55">has</g> worsened the situation of the entire area.
“The leaders, while meeting with the victims’ family, have been showing sympathy and are condemning the incident but after interacting with the representatives of both communities, giving inflammatory statements. Now the situation is that the rift between the communities has widened,” said Vikram, a villager.
Amid reports of exodus of minority families, the administration has assured not to leave any of them. The officials claimed of taking adequate measures to ensure their safety and security so they could not leave the village. “Though we had reported exodus due to fear we hardly detected any such family. We have been making all efforts to restore peace in the village,” said NP Singh, District Magistrate.
However, the victims’ family are hellbent to leave the village in fear of their lives.
The police, after failing to avert the tragedy earlier, have assured to maintain law and order situation and to provide protection to the affected families.
“We have been keeping a close eye on the situation since the brawl broke out in the village. We have been checking every suspected activity of the people living here. We had earlier registered a case of murder and have arrested eight persons so far. We have been searching other accused involved in hooliganism and killing of Ikhlaq. <g data-gr-id="60">Condition</g> of Danish, the injured son of the deceased, is still recuperating in a Noida hospital and his condition is normal,” said Sanjay Kumar Yadav, Superintendent of Police (Rural) of Greater Noida.