Millennium Post

Three separate incidents of fire in state, no casualties

Altogether three separate incidents of fire occurred in the state, including one, that took place at a furniture shop in Park Circus on Thursday morning.

The first incident took place when a fire broke out at a jute godown situated at Taherpur area in Nadia. A devastating fire engulfed the entire area with smoke billowing out of the godown. 

The fire took place early Thursday morning. The fire spread fast as the godown was full of jute items.

The local farmers first spotted the fire when going around the area and informed the matter to the fire brigade. Four fire tenders were pressed into action to douse the flame. Fire fighters took few hours to bring the situation under control. According to the preliminary investigation, the fire officials suspect that an electrical short circuit might have led to the fire. The preliminary investigation suggests that jute items worth nearly crores of rupees were damaged in the fire.

In another incident, a fire broke out at an Aluminium utensils factory on Benaras Road in Howrah. On Thursday morning, the local residents spotted smoke billowing out of the factory and informed the fire brigade department. The incident triggered tension among the local residents as the area is densely populated. Four fire engines were swung into action.

The firefighters put up a prolonged effort to bring the situation under control. They have started a probe into the incident to ascertain the cause of the accident. The factory was completely damaged in the fire. Police and fire brigades are yet to ascertain the cause of the fire and the extent of the damage. They are also investigating if the factory had a proper fire fighting system installed. A probe has been initiated.

In a third incident, a fire broke out at furniture showroom near bridge number 4 at Park Circus which was closed. The local people said that the fire broke out at the showroom on early Thursday morning.

The fire spread fast as there were inflammable materials stored inside the showroom. After being informed, six fire tenders were pressed into action to douse the flame. The cause of the fire and the extent of the damage are yet to be ascertained. None were injured in the fire incidents.
MPost

MPost

Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you


Share it
Top