Three bodies were on Friday recovered from the debris of an under-construction building that collapsed here last night, while a woman and her son were pulled out alive.
Citing the rescued woman, a top civic official said eight more persons are suspected to be trapped under the debris.
"Three bodies recovered. Two have been admitted to hospitals. Fifty per cent of the debris is removed now," Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) Commissioner B Janardhan Reddy said.
Reddy said eight more persons could be trapped under the rubble. He said the rescue operation will continue well into night.
The seven-storey building at Nanakramguda in the Cyberabad zone came crashing down last night.
Earlier in the day, Cyberabad Police Commissioner Sandeep Shandilya said that Rekha, around 35-year-old, and her son (4) who hailed from Chattisgarh, were pulled out alive from the crash site.
All the victims in the tragedy are workers who lived at the cellar of the building. Except one family, all others belonged to Vizianagaram district in Andhra Pradesh.