Relishing sweet creations
The Imperial keeps experimenting to bring forth exquisite dishes. Now that Diwali is approaching, one can simply walk in and relish the wonderful delicacies.
Here is the recipe for Puffed lotus nut seeds kheer with almond chikki, straight from the Executive Sous Chef, The Imperial.
MAKHANA KHEER WITH ALMOND
Lotus nut seeds 200 Gms
Milk 1ltr, Sugar ½ cup
Pistachio 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder 1gm
- Cut makhana into halves and put it in a sauce pan along with ghee
- Fry over a low fat for 3-5 mins.
- Add milk and sugar, leave it to simmer for 45 mins until the milk is reduced by half and has a creamy consistency.
- Now add almonds and pistachios and leave for 10 more minutes.
- Sprinkle crushed cardamom. Serve hot or cold as desired
INGR.FOR ALMOND CHIKKI
Sesame seeds 60gms
Jaggery 100 Gms, Butter 15gms
- Melt the butter in a medium size pan over moderate heat.
- Now add jaggery to the pan and cook until sugar starts to caramelise.
- Quickly add shredded almonds and toasted sesame seeds to the pan and stir well for evenly coating of the sugar
- Transfer the mixture to a flat tray and spread it evenly
- Allow it to cool and cut in to bars
Fill the makhana kheer in martini glass. And serve with alongside of almond chikki.